Hey guys! Since my life consists of work, work, and more work right now I've asked for a few guest bloggers to help me out and today you get the pleasure of hearing from Rubi! With Christmas right around the corner I want to hear about everyones family traditions during the season! So here is one of Rubi's family traditions.

Hello ladies (and gents)! My name is Rubi! I'm a nursing student, a wife to a wonderful man, and a follower of Jesus.  I blog over at Lily Among Thorns where you'll find me rambling about my fashion experiments, nursing clinical experiences, thoughts on issues of faith, and anything else on my mind. Even though my hometown is in sunny South Florida, I am living in freezing cold Minnesota as I attend nursing school and my husband finishes his Chemistry degree. It's pretty nice up here, but I miss the warmth of the sun! My family lives in Miami, so you know where I'll be headed for the holidays!!! Before you continue reading, do yourself a favor and click on the "play" button below and savor some Christmas music with Cuban flavor to spice up your Christmas! Feliz Navidad!
 
My hubby and I both come from Hispanic families. We've got a fun mix of Cuban, Puerto Rican, Venezuelan, and Spanish goin' on! When we visit home, we enjoy a big family lunch (you know us Hispanics are all about extended families!), and some delicious native food. White rice, black beans, sweet plantains, avocado, yucca, salads, and more! I can already taste it. Yummm! Y'all are invited too, join us! We love to share! :)
My sweet momma loves to decorate for Christmas so when we get home from a stressful semester, this is what we find. The tree, beautifully decorated with special people. The first is my husband and I, then my little brother, and my adopted sister Eli (she's not really adopted, but she's my sister from another mister and I love her!) Then we have the other non-human members of the family. Starting from left to right, Blacky, our sweet gentleman, then ChiChi our feisty lady, and in memory of Panchito, our spazz who disappeared one day.
And how's that for a tradition? You see that arrow right there? Those are my Christmas converse. I wear them every Christmas since the sixth grade. They are fantastically unique and instantly put me in Christmas bliss. For me, Christmas is about relishing in every moment spent with family and loved ones. It's about being silly with my parents and annoying the heck out of my brother like I've been doing for the past 17 years, it's about being thankful for my amazing husband whom I adore. But most importantly for me, it's about soaking in the greatness of the Incarnation and the humble birth of a baby who would grow up to be my Savior. His name is Jesus, and He's who I'll be celebrating this Christmas.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a year 2013 showered with greatness. 

With Love,

Rubi


One Comment

Marsa Lee said...

cute! i love traditions. wish i had more of my own haha

happyleeliving.blogspot.com